Sunday, July 6, 2008

Moving In

I was fortunate enough to have another of those experiences that counters the usual perception of today's youth and young adults being all about themselves. We arrived from Iowa on Wednesday, and Thursday night our daughter and three friends from work arrived - and 7 hours later two trucks were unpacked and furniture was in the apartment along with most of the kitchen stuff. We have been back each day since (spending the nights at our daughter's) to unpack and get a little closer to actually moving in - which happens today.

We are looking forward to getting more of our things in and settling. This week will also see the beginnings of the search for employment. This is a worry, though we do try to remember what we share about our faith - that God will meet our needs. I'll be making a trip by the office of the Rocky Mountain Conference of the United Church of Christ to see about preaching or interim opportunities that can put a little spending money in our account.

I've gotten a new Hewlett Packard Notebook to replace my old Dell that died just before the move. Now the problem is trying to download the game my daughter and I enjoy playing together as a de-stressing exercise at the end of a day. I tried last night, and it popped up a message that it was having trouble saving, but if appeared to continue to download - but this morning - only an empty folder for it. We'll have to try it again.

Well, off to see what mischief I can get into!

Peace!

No comments: