Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Final Post

This will be my last post from Webster City, IA. I was delighted to come here, as there seemed so much promise in the situation here - excited people, a stated desire for change. I know I haven't fulfilled their desires, and I know they haven't been particularly open to my leadership. So, now we both simply declare that our time together is done. God will be the one to determine where we go from this point.

Friday night I begin what will be a packed weekend - no pun intended. I'll do the rehearsal for Saturday's wedding for a former Christian Education Director who was here during my time as pastor. Sunday will be the final service here, and it will include the baptism of a baby born to a couple whose marriage I performed. Saturday is also picking up and loading the truck. I don't know if we will be some place with internet possibilities again until we get where we are going and make arrangement for the service.

So, while you work your way through Thursday, my lovely bride and I will be tidying up in preparation for the loading of the truck. To my friends, I wish you all the best God can offer. To my detractors, I wish you all the best God can offer, and a prayer for God to create a new and positive, open and sharing spirit within each of you - for your sake and the church's.

God's peace be with us all!

1 comment:

Serena said...

You know you can come up to my place and check email there! I'll make sure you have a key when you come in, so you can come and go as needed/wanted.

Love you!